Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mad geese and English men ...

I may have been slightly wrong about the weather in Melbourne.

There Anna - I said it.

It does get cold here in Melbourne. However, as my husband rightly pointed out below I do not seem to feel the cold like others do. So I have not been spouting false propaganda. I'm just slightly misguided. Sometimes.

I dropped off the hire car we had over the weekend this morning wearing only a suit jacket. It was a little chilly but under a clear blue sky and facing a sun that still actually warms, it hardly seemed that bad.

We hired a car so we could drive Miss Jenny around. On Saturday we went to a lovely country town about 100 kms north west of Melbourne called Daylesford. We had a fabby lunch at the Farmers Arms, which we calculated cost us the equivalent of £45 for 3 lovely meals, 2 glasses of amazing pinor nior, a bottle of local ale and coffee. That's £45 for the 3 of us folks, not per head... We were all pretty impressed.

After lunch we mooched around the town centre, wandering in and out of the lovely shops trying hard not to buy for the sake of buying. We missed the sunset over the lake (a running theme with the Berri's - missing sunset : cue Ian & Claud rushing around Oia on Santorini in a vain attempt to catch what is reported as being, the most spectacular sunset on earth, and missing it).

What all but made up for it however was watching a gaggle of mad geese terrorise a small family who, unwisely produced a loaf of bread, possibly with the expectation of letting their young children merrily hand feed them. Realising all too late that this particular gaggle were feral and hungry, they beat a hasty retreat onto the nearest picnic table dragging their hysterical children behind them.

God I laughed. You think that's mean? Ian stood by and took photos - which we will, of course, post in due course.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annette here!!! Your blog does make me laugh!!! LOL!!!

But I have to say, you must have picked the most expensive pubs in Britain if you were paying £45 per head for meals matey!!!

Don't know if you got my text - we're heading for The Lakes as Rob got the job! Eeek!!!

Tuesday, 06 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annette here!!! Your blog does make me laugh!!! LOL!!!

But I have to say, you must have picked the most expensive pubs in Britain if you were paying £45 per head for meals matey!!!

Don't know if you got my text - we're heading for The Lakes as Rob got the job! Eeek!!!

Wednesday, 07 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home