Monday, March 06, 2006

It's Official!

My references have all come back positive, so I got a call from my prospective boss at 9 AM today to say that they can now formally offer me a job. Yes, it was really a technicality, but it's quite a relief to know that in about a week's time I'll be officially employed.

Start date is provisionally Tuesday 14th March, the day after the Labour Day Public Holiday [subject to the paperchase that will now ensue].

A BIIIIIG Thank You to my referees for their positive feedback and support.

I'll obviously keep you abreast of the job as it progresses and give you some more details. At the mo', I won't spill any more beans other than to say that it's at a large teaching hospital, and the facilities, staff/patient ratios, and [apparently] opportunities, appear excellent.

The only minor fly in the ointment is that the Commonwealth Games start here the day after I'm due to start working, which means that I can't plan to go to any of the events at this stage, and that the city is likely to be gridlocked as tens of thousands of visitors descend.

More about the Games later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home